Dental Implants in Hyde Park, Boston
If you are missing one or more teeth, you don’t have to give up on having a beautiful and healthy smile. Dental implants can replace as many teeth as you need, restore full function to your mouth, and give you a full smile again.
What Are Dental Implants?
Simply put, dental implants are small titanium posts that are placed in your jawbone. We place one post where each missing tooth root should be. The titanium fuses with the bone to create a solid, secure anchor for a restoration, typically a crown or bridge. The restoration is the replacement tooth and is what completes your smile again.
Types of Dental Implants
We offer different types of dental implants to meet your needs.
A single-tooth implant takes the place of one missing tooth. We place the implant into the jawbone and use a crown on top to complete the implant and restore your smile.
For patients missing a few teeth in a row, but not enough to need a denture, we offer implant-supported bridges. With this option, we’ll place implants on either side of the gap created by your missing teeth. We’ll then place crowns on each side and use those to secure a dental bridge, which contains one or more false teeth to essentially “bridge the gap” that was left by the missing teeth.
If you currently wear dentures that are uncomfortable, and slip and click when you eat or talk, let us help you find a better solution. With implant-supported dentures, we place mini dental implants at strategic points in your jawbone. We can then either drill holes in your existing denture or fit you with an overdenture with holes that line up perfectly with these mini implants. Then, simply snap your denture into place on top of the implants for a secure-fitting denture without messy adhesives!
Benefits of Dental Implants
Nowadays, dental implants are the preferred method for permanently replacing missing teeth. Compared to dentures, implants are strong, secure, and long-lasting.
- Get back to smiling, laughing, talking, and eating without embarrassment over missing teeth or fear of your dentures moving.
- Implants permanently replace missing teeth without the need for removable appliances.
- There is no need for messy glues or adhesives.
- Because they fuse with the jawbone, implants are strong and secure.
- Implants help stop bone loss that occurs when teeth are missing, prevent other teeth from shifting into the open space left behind, and help your face keep its shape by preventing your cheeks from sagging.
- When properly cared for (like you would your natural teeth), implants can last a lifetime.