Invisalign® clear aligners offer a discreet and comfortable alternative for straightening your teeth. Millions of people worldwide have already achieved their dream smiles with Invisalign®, and it could be your turn next.
Invisalign® Aligners in Boston, MA
Invisalign® aligners are an effective and discreet orthodontic treatment option that are worn comfortably over your teeth to continuously adjust alignment and spacing.
Customized based on models of your current teeth and desired outcome, Invisalign® aligners are crafted to gradually shift your teeth. Every two weeks, you’ll transition to a new set of aligners, each one subtly adjusting the positioning of your teeth. This process continues until you attain your ultimate results, typically within a two-year timeframe. The aligners are to be removed exclusively for eating, drinking, and cleaning purposes. Initially, they may feel snug, but over the course of a few days, they will gradually become more comfortable as they loosen.
Call us today to set up a consultation to see how Invisalign® can transform your smile.Call Our Hyde Park Location
Call Our West Roxbury Location
How does Invisalign® work?
To begin, we take photographs of your teeth and face, dental impressions of your teeth and x-rays. Those records are sent to Invisalign® with detailed instructions on how we want the final result to appear.
Invisalign® will scan the impressions to create a 3D model of the teeth and work with your dentist to get the mold to its exact proportions. Once final, the trays are made and mailed to your dentist office. You will wear a set of trays for two weeks at a time for approximately 2 years, or the length of time determined by your dentist.
Invisalign® vs. braces—what's the difference?
There are many differences between Invisalign® and braces, we’ve listed some of the largest ones here. Ultimately, the decision is up to you, but the introduction of Invisalign® to the market introduced a more efficient, less painful way to straighten teeth.
- Virtually invisible: Invisalign aligners are made from a smooth, transparent material that’s barely noticeable when worn. You can finally smile confidently without feeling self-conscious about your teeth.
- Comfortable to wear: The aligners are custom-made to fit your teeth snugly, and they’re gentle on your gums and lips. No more metal irritation or pain!
- Removable for easy eating and cleaning: Unlike braces, you can take out your Invisalign aligners to eat, drink, brush, and floss. This makes it much easier to maintain good oral hygiene throughout your treatment.
- Faster results than traditional braces: In many cases, Invisalign can straighten your teeth in as little as 6 months. That’s significantly faster than the average treatment time with braces, which is typically 12-18 months.
- Predictable outcomes: Invisalign treatment is carefully planned using advanced 3D technology. This means you can be confident that you’ll end up with the smile you’ve always wanted.
How much does Invisalign® cost?
According to the Invisalign® website, the cost for this treatment is similar to the cost for metal braces. Costs can vary, depending on:
- Insurance coverage. Most insurance plans cover Invisalign® the same way they cover metal braces. It is rare that insurance will cover Invisalign® for purely cosmetic reasons, but each case is different.
- Length / complexity of treatment. With Invisalign®, you get new clear aligners every couple of weeks, so the cost varies, depending on if your treatment requires more (or fewer) aligners.
If you have any financial questions, please contact our office and we will be happy to discuss your insurance coverage or additional payment options available.Contact Us
Who can use Invisalign®?
Most teens and adult patients requiring mild to moderate orthodontic corrections can use Invisalign. This includes patients with teeth that are crooked and misaligned or teeth that feature noticeable spacing problems. Invisalign® can even help patients with minor bite issues—however, not all orthodontic issues can be treated with Invisalign. More extensive problems will require additional treatment.
How do I clean Invisalign® aligners?
You should clean your aligners every time you brush your teeth. You can clean your aligners in a number of ways including:
- Gently brushing your aligners with toothpaste and thoroughly rinsing them
- Soaking your aligners in a cleaning solutions
- Soaking your aligners in Invisalign® brand cleaning crystals
Interested in Invisalign®?
We would love to help you get started with Invisalign®—contact us to set up your appointment today or explore the variety of other preventive, restorative, and cosmetic dental services we provide.